Student Advisory Council (SAC)
Representing the UOW Student Voice.
The Student Advisory Council is UOW’s student representative group and provides UOW greater ability to hear and respond to the student voice. SAC is a diverse group of student representatives from key student cohorts and reports to the University Leadership Group.
The Student Advisory Council is here to help all students at UOW throughout their study by providing advice to the University on broad issues affecting students academic and social wellbeing and to improve the student experience.
You can connect with the Student Advisory Council, find a representative or learn more information about the activities of the Student Advisory Council via Facebook and/or the Student Representation website. For queries about the SAC or to raise issues or concerns for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wollongong University Postgraduate Association (WUPA)
Wollongong University Postgraduate Association (WUPA) aims to
- Advance and defend the interests and welfare of Postgraduate students at the University of Wollongong
- Achieve and maintain specific representation for Postgraduate students on all official University bodies which affect Postgraduate students
- Afford Postgraduate students a recognised means of representation both within and outside the University
- Organise professional and social activities for Postgraduate students with the aim of fostering collegiality within the Postgraduate community
- Provide facilities and services for Postgraduate students
- Carry out research relevant to the educational and other needs of Postgraduate students and to report the results of such research to Postgraduate students
Wollongong Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA)
The Wollongong Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) council elected by the student body each year. WUSA offers services such as: The Women's Space, The Tertangala (student magazine), Second-hand bookstore, free printing services; and campaigns around issues of concern to students.
WUSA Council Meetings are held twice a month. Meeting times and locations are advertised in the WUSA offices. All students are welcome to attend these meetings.
Allsorts - UOW Queer Alliance
Allsorts is the University of Wollongong’s (UOW’s) Queer Collective. It encourages all queer, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, asexual, genderqueer, intersex, sex and/or gender diverse and queer-friendly people to meet, socialise, and generally have fun.