Transport & Getting to Campus
Getting around Wollongong is safe, cheap and easy with many different ways you can travel to the campus:
- Free Shuttle Buses to North Wollongong train station and around Wollongong
- Walk or ride a bike and use the end of trip facilities on campus
- If you live further away and public transport is limited, carpool with 3 people in a car for free parking
- Catch a bus or the train to travel on public transport from surrounding suburbs, Campbelltown, Sydney or Bomaderry.
- Get yourself an Opal Card to travel on public transport. Concession Opal cards may be available for eligible students.
- Car share and bike share options are available for students living in student residences.
- Plan your journey – use the UOW Shuttle app, UOW Parking app, Opal Travel app or visit the UOW transport website
Are you worried about our impacts on the planet and want to know how you can make a difference? Check out our video clip to learn how you can be more sustainable while you study at UOW.
UOW is working towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and is undertaking research and teaching in a range of SDG topics and is implementing initiatives to reduce the impacts of its operations.
Individual action is key to supporting achievement of our goals. We can’t do it without you.
Check out the Environment postcard (PDF) which has some great tips on ways to reduce your environmental footprint
Be informed about environmental issues that impact the campus and about the campus environment and the plants and animals that call it home. Visit our Environment website for information
Connect on Facebook – UOW Sustainability to find out what is happening at UOW and in the local area